- You will start immediately with a direct employment contract at Briggs & Stratton within a team of ambitious and experienced colleagues with passion for their profession, ready to help you grow;
- Challenges and responsibilities that will boost your learning curve with good salary and development opportunities including a 13th month;
- No 8 to 5 mentality but working within flexible working hours that you can coordinate well with your home situation; Working from home is also an option;
- 27 vacation days and the ability to purchase additional days because free time is also important;
- You will work within an international, dynamic and multicultural environment with modern work tools;
- The position requires occasional travel approximately 5% of the workload on an annual basis.
About this vacancy
• As a Product Safety & Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for ongoing assessments during the design phase and prior to production to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards. In addition, you check the compliance status of existing products against prescribed standards and associated documentation (certificates, declarations, etc);
• You will inspect and certify machines (power solutions and outdoor power machines) to comply with relevant legislation, standards and/or regional requirements (e.g. MEA region) in collaboration with testing laboratories;
• You participate in the work of industry associations to monitor changes in EU regulations and the development of standards (e.g. NEN, CEN, ISO);
• You will evaluate and integrate specific information for label design, communication reviews, technical publications, marketing displays and user manuals;
• You will provide advice based on research of global standards and regulations and report your conclusions;
• You participate in the development processes and recommend changes to the process;
• You will certify equipment to meet relevant standards and complete routine compliance reports to government agencies;
• You assist in developing strategies and risk assessments to meet standards and regulations.
• The Product Safety & Compliance Specialist position requires a completed college degree in electrical or mechanical engineering and at least three years of experience within a similar field;
• You have solid knowledge of EU regulations and industry standards;
• You have experience in development, monitoring and integration of compliance strategies;
• You have a problem-solving ability and can substantiate decisions well. In addition, you can plan and organize your work and projects well;
• The position requires excellent communication skills as well as a professional knowledge of the English language verbally and in writing. The Dutch language is a plus.
Curious about the matching blog?
For every vacancy we write an extensive blog with more background information about the position and experiences.
Diversity and inclusion are part of vanDaan Recruitment’s DNA. We foster an inclusive environment where employees and customers from diverse backgrounds are welcomed, valued and celebrated. We are proud of our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion, and we will continue to promote these principles everywhere we do business. Our doors are open to everyone.
Briggs & Stratton
Briggs & Stratton’s sales and engineering office is located in Herten. They develop, sell and provide technical support for power tools for the garden and park industry within the EMEA market.
Leave your details and let’s get in touch!
Share this vacancy: