- You will start immediately with a direct contract at Tennant within an experienced and ambitious team of 3 engineers within the Lifecycle Engineering department;
- A salary indication depending on experience and training with a range between €5000.00 and €6500.00 gross per month;
- No 8 to 5 work situation but working within flexible working hours that you can coordinate well with your home situation. Working from home is also an option;
- 28 days of leave and the ability to purchase additional days because time off is also important;
- A bonus scheme of up to 8% depending on company performance;
- In addition, Tennant is covered by the Metalektro pension plan and you are entitled to travel allowances, among other things;
- You will work within an international, dynamic and multicultural environment in which the Uden location is characterized as a familiar and informal working atmosphere;
- Occasional travel is also part of the position.
About this vacancy
In this challenging and dynamic role, you will be responsible for performing technical analysis and design actions in projects for design related quality improvements, design for manufacturing and cost reductions. The CPE position aims to reduce warranty claims, increase machine reliability, supplier parts quality improvements and assembly improvements in operations. You work as both a project leader and an executive engineer in projects and you are responsible for the effectiveness of these projects. Finally, you will be the liaison to the Product Development team in America and work with Tennant Product Engineers on global design during the manufacturing process, as well as when launching new machines for the EMEA market. In this you will report to the Engineering Manager.
Responsibilities and associated duties are:
- You make roote cause analysis of machine problem, design redesign, you test and validate improvements to then implement;
- You will supervise these change of designs and process them in the SAP system for product changes;
- You prepare project plans according to Six Sigma DMAIC process or 8D improvement methodology;
- You analyze the feasibility of projects and in this you manage quality, lead time and engineering hours;
- You will be responsible for aftercare in redesign and development of the new product launches;
- Together with the purchasing department, you will be responsible for conducting supplier assessments;
- You report to stakeholders (local and international) on the progress of projects regarding quality issues, improvement opportunities, actions taken;
- You have a Proactive role in contributing to improving the efficiency of the assembly processes.
- The Current Product Engineer position requires an HBO/ WO working and thinking level with a technical educational background (Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics);
- Likewise, the position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment with knowledge and experience of Six Sigma. Preferably a Greenbelt/ Blackbelt;
- You work extensively on projects and have gained experience with various project management tools such as: Prince2 and Design for manufacturing;
- You have knowledge and experience with ERP systems. Experience with SAP is a strong plus;
- You have experience with 2D and 3D engineering CAD systems. Experience with Solidworks is a strong plus;
- You have experience with data analysis and design for manufacturability (DFM)
- You work within an international playing field. On a daily basis you are in contact with the engineering department in America and the production location in Uden. The Dutch and English languages play an important role in this.
- As an Engineer, you can be characterized as problem-solving, analytical, innovative, creative, social and accurate. You see opportunities and possibilities and communicate them convincingly and naturally;
- You have a service-oriented, customer-focused attitude in which you are able to prioritize your work and help your colleagues and organization move forward in its many positive developments.
Curious about the matching blog?
For every vacancy we write an extensive blog with more background information about the position and experiences.
Diversity and inclusion are part of vanDaan Recruitment’s DNA. We foster an inclusive environment where employees and customers from diverse backgrounds are welcomed, valued and celebrated. We are proud of our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion, and we will continue to promote these principles everywhere we do business. Our doors are open to everyone.
Tennant is an industry leader in the design, manufacture of industrial cleaning machines. Together we make the world a cleaner place.
Leave your details and let’s get in touch!
Share this vacancy: