- A strategic position where people, process and systems are key within a large warehouse with inbound, outbound, rework and localization activities;
- You will start with a direct employment contract from Boston Scientific;
- The corresponding salary indication depends on your work experience – and education and varies between €68K and €86K gross per year;
- Boston Scientific has excellent secondary benefits including: 30 leave days, 5% bonus on an annual basis, good pension, health insurance allowance of €785 net per year and a travel allowance of €0.21 cents;
- In addition, Boston Scientific facilitates free fruit at workplaces and free sports on site;
- Boston Scientific in Kerkrade in an international and dynamic organisation that is constantly evolving and where you will enjoy a lot of freedom to perform your job to the best of your ability.
About this vacancy
- You will define the strategic roadmap for the next 2-3 years, in consultation with management and the leadership team for implementing and sustaining operational excellence/ lean principles/ essentials processes and tools;
- The strategic roadmap is based on the Boston Scientific essentials (Guidebooks). You translate from the essentials, describing the WHAT question, to the practical HOW answers at local level, for the warehouse operations;
- You are in the lead of the implementation of the strategic roadmap and present progress to the management and board of Directors;
- Together with operations, quality and engineering, the chosen projects are implemented and then sustainted through continuous improvement;
- You are responsible for determining the maturity of the Boston Scientific Kerkrade plant by carrying out an assessment based on the essentials. Based on this, improvement plans are set up, implemented and sustained;
- From your role, you are in contact with process owners worldwide and you are the local Subject Matter Expert for operational excellence and lean projects;
- You are the ambassador at all levels within the organisation and know how to make colleagues enthusiastic about lean, operational excellence and implementing and sustaining processes and tools;
- You develop, coordinate and provide lean training programmes for employees within operations and engineering;
- You coach cross functional teams in the use of various techniques (e.g. 5S, Kaizen, lead time reduction, visual management, problem solving and continuous improvement) to reduce or eliminate activities that do not add value.
- The position Sr. Operational Excellence Engineer requires at least a completed Bachelor’s or Master degree in engineering or technical business administration;
- In addition, you have gained at least 8 years of relevant work experience within operational excellence environment (manufacturing, Automotive, Distribution) in a similar role;
- You are a certified Lean Practitioner or Six Sigma Black Belt;
- You have experience in applying lean manufacturing techniques such as (DMAIC, CI, Six Sigma, Value Stream mapping, FMEA, Fishbone /Ishikawa) and leading Kaizen events;
- You are a people person and have extensive experience in coaching and guiding cross-functional teams;
- As a person, you are innovative, an independent thinker and possess a strong dose of energy;
- You are professional and you can communicate and interact effectively with all levels within the organisation;
- Experience within the supply chain is to your advantage, as well as experience in the medical industry;
- Communication within Boston Scientific is English & Dutch. Professional knowledge of the English language in word and writing is a must.
Curious about the matching blog?
For every vacancy we write an extensive blog with more background information about the position and experiences.
Diversity and inclusion are part of vanDaan Recruitment’s DNA. We foster an inclusive environment where employees and customers from diverse backgrounds are welcomed, valued and celebrated. We are proud of our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion, and we will continue to promote these principles everywhere we do business. Our doors are open to everyone.
Boston Scientific is one of the world’s largest medical device companies. Kerkrade is home to its international distribution centre and operational excellence centre.
Leave your details and let’s get in touch!
Share this vacancy: